Wednesday, October 19, 2011

From your closet Halloween ideas

In college just about everyone is broke. So for Halloween you may not have the money to buy a costume. The solution? Get creative in your closet.

Halloween is on a Monday this year and everybody is dressing up for class and I have an in dorm Halloween party I co-organized. So I ran to my closet and found some brown wedges, bell bottom pants, a flow-y white top, leather vest and now I am a hippie. I did make a flower headband, but materials only cost me three dollars from Wal-Mart.

Some other ideas I could have used:

Cowgirl- if you’re from the south chances are you can pull this one of no problem.
80's girl- all you need is an off the shoulder sweater, tights, and hairspray.
Athlete- if you play a sport put on your uniform and your set.
Sailor- A striped shirt and some Sperry’s would do.
I have a friend from back home that used a clock from her house and some string to make the flava flav clock chain and she was ready for Halloween.
If you don't get this costume you were robbed of a great childhood. I don't know were I would be without the family tradition of watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"

P.S. I plan to have pictures of my costume up soon for all to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment